AZA is committed to providing an outstanding experience for all participants. We strive to ensure conferences do not pose barriers that may exclude people from attending or participating.Accessibility accommodations relating to mobility, hearing, vision, or other areas may be provided. We ask that requests for reasonable accommodations be made as early as possible and well in advance of the event via the registration process. Onsite requests will be accommodated to the best of our ability; however, available resources may be limited. Requests can be made by emailing the AZA Meetings Department.
Food Restrictions and Allergies
We ensure that AZA events offer vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free food options. Buffets will have menu labels clearly indicating ingredients and/or accommodations. Please include your food restrictions and specific allergies on your registration form.
Family Care Lounge – (Nursing Mother's Room)
The Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC) has a designated nursing mother room located on the Central Atrium. We also have family restrooms located in Upper A-Pod (behind room A-210) and another in the Center Lounge restrooms near the South Café & Marketplace. These single-use areas are equipped with a seat, electricity outlets and a lockable door.
A universal changing table is located in the Family Restroom behind the Battelle Grand Ballroom. The GCCC provides safe and private changing tables that will accommodate everyone, including adults. The Universal Changing Table can also be adjustable by height.
Greater Columbus Convention Center
The Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC) ensures to follow the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is highly accessible for people with disabilities and limited mobility. As a Public Assembly Facility, the GCCC is responsible for permanent building access accommodations such as wheelchair ramps, automatic doors, elevator standards, door-width standards, parking facilities and restroom accessibility.
Show management is responsible for all non-permanent accessibility requirements such as seating accessibility, auxiliary aids for the visually impaired, hearing impaired, and mobility impaired attendees. Systems for the hearing impaired can be provided at our facility. Learn more about accessibility at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Hilton Columbus Downtown
Hilton hotels provide accessible rooms to guests who seek these accommodations. Accessible features in the rooms may vary by room and by hotel.
- Roll-in showers or Accessible tub/shower (*Roll-in showers and accessible tubs/showers are in different room types. One room won't contain both)
- Door handles (not knobs)
- Lowered peep holes (48" above the finished floor)
- Lower-located thermostat controls
- Extended drapery wants
- Touch-sensitive bedside light fixtures
- Audio / visual fire alarm indicators (strobe lights)
- Power accessible at desk or triplex for TDD device
- Bathroom vanity front apron a minimum 28" above the floor for knee space clearance
- Vanity faucets that can be operated with a closed fist
- Grab bars at the toilet and shower/tub to allow transfer from wheelchair
- Shower valves that can be operated with a closed fist
- Hand-held shower
Hyatt Regency Columbus
Hyatt Regency hotels provide accessible rooms to guests who seek these accommodations. Accessible features in the rooms may vary by room and by hotel.
- Emergency strobe light and strobe light smoke detector
- Cordless phone
- Closed-captioned TV
- Wide doors
- Lowered thermostat and light switches
- Lowered peephole and door latch
- Accessible bathroom
Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium believes every guest deserves an exceptional experience regardless of age and ability. Learn more about Columbus Zoo's inclusion and accessibility initiatives.