Posters are listed by primary track.
Optional to participate in, The Poster Buzz is a live 5-minute presentation of a poster, followed by Q&A with attendees. There will be two Poster Buzz sessions throughout the Conference. Both will take place from 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm EDT on Tuesday, September 21, and Thursday, September 23.
Animal Management, Health & Welfare
Advancing the Behavioral Welfare of Sumatran Orangutans (Pongo abelii) through the Animal Vending Machine (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Ryann Gregory, Master's Student, Colorado State University
Baseline Activity Budgets for Priority Species
- Catherine Makofsky, Graduate Student, Colorado State University
Do Evening Events Impact Zoo Animal Welfare? (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Cathleen Cox, Zoo Research Director, Los Angeles Zoo
- Peggy Wu, Research Staff, Los Angeles Zoo
Effects of Dietary Composition on Behavior of Male Gorillas at The Santa Barbara Zoo (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Estelle A. Sandhaus, PhD, Director of Conservation & Science, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Meredith J. Bashaw, PhD , Professor & Associate Chair of Psychology, Franklin & Marshall College
- Nadya Seal Faith, MSc , Conservation & Science Associate, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Trent Barnhart, Nutritionist, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Heather Davis Leith , Senior Keeper, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Cressa Nursement , Veterinary Technician, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Veronica Ortega , Senior Keeper, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Liz Beem, Senior Keeper, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Ariel Bailey, Senior Keeper, Santa Barbara Zoo
- Julie Barnes, BVSc MSc, Vice President of Animal Care & Health, Santa Barbara Zoo
Engineering Students Build Sensor Activated Choice and Control for Animals (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Stephanie Norton, Animal Welfare Specialist, Reid Park Zoo
Environmental Enrichment Factors Associated with Bottlenose Dolphin Energy Expenditure Under Professional Care
- Lisa Lauderdale, Animal Welfare Scientist, Chicago Zoological Society
Establishing Care Standards and a Biometric Baseline for Popular Marine Invertebrates (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Paul Rosenbaum, Masters Student at Colorado State University for an Aquarium management PSM, Colorado State University
Feeding Regimen and Growth Comparison in Two Related African Painted Dog Litters (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Tammy Cloutier, Antioch University New England
- Regina Mossotti, Endangered Wolf Center
- Erin Connett, Endangered Wolf Center
- Liz Willey, Antioch University New England
- Beth Kaplin, University of Rwanda
- Anthony Giordano, S.P.E.C.I.E.S.
- Greg Rasmussen, Painted Dog Research Trust
Geographic Origin and Genetic Diversity of Angolan Colobus Monkeys (Colobus angolensis) in North American Zoos and Its Implications for Ex-situ Population Management (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Monica McDonald, Program Scientist, AZA Reproductive Management Center RMC at the Saint Louis Zoo
Improving Maned Wolf Health Management through Scat Observation & Scoring Creating a Maned Wolf Fecal Scoring Card (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Ellen Wieczorek, Carnivore Animal Care Intern, Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute
Influence of Feeding Frequency on Thermoregulatory Behavior and Growth Rate in Juvenile Komodo Dragons (Varanus komodoensis) (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Ren García-Hellmuth, Master's Student, Colorado State University
- Luke Sanders, Student, Colorado State University
Motivating a Dragon (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Timothy Van Loan, Behavior & Enrichment Manager, ABQ BioPark
- Phillip Mayhew, Reptile Keeper II, ABQ BioPark
S/He's Just Not That into You (Or Your Contraception History): Predictors of Reproductive Success in Asian Small-Clawed Otters (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Ashley Franklin, Program Analyst, AZA Reproductive Management Center at the Saint Louis Zoo
Sex-Differences of Age-Related Survival and Fecundity Rates for the Five Big Cat Species (genus Panthera) Living in Zoos (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Morgane Tidière, Postdoctoral Researcher, Species360 | SDU | CPop
Species360 Conservation Science Alliance - Transforming Global Species Data to Conservation Action (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Johanna Staerk, Conservation Biologist, Species360
The Effect of Novel Enrichment Presentations on Oral Stereotypies in Giraffes at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: A Test of Guest Engagement and Overnight Observations
- Jackelynn Gutierrez, PSM Graduate Student, Colorado State University
The Importance of PMCTrack's Surveys for Population Management
- Raven Spencer, Research Coordinator, Lincoln Park Zoo
The Role of Caretaker Well-Being in Animal Wellness (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Hollie Colahan, Vice President of Living Collections, Birmingham Zoo
- Sharon Joseph, Birmingham Zoo
Who's on View at the Zoo? A Look at Current Species Diversity and Collection Trends at AZA Member Facilities (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Megan Brown, Director of Population Management Strategy, Association of Zoos & Aquariums
Best Practices in Wildlife-Friendly Architecture & Planning (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- James Karl Fischer, Executive Director, The Zoological Lighting Institute
Are We Overestimating Population Numbers from Camera-Trap Surveys?
- Orjan Johansson, Senior Conservation Sceintist, Snow Leopard Trust
Eliciting Conservation Behavior: An Evidence-Based Approach to Reduce Illegal Trade in The Red Siskin (Spinus cucullatus) (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Arlene Cardozo-Urdaneta, Red Siskin Initiative Coordinator, Provita, Venezuela.
- Ada Y. Sánchez-Mercado, Associated Researcher, Provita, Venezuela.
- Enrique Azuaje, Red Siskin Conservation Center Curator, Provita, Venezuela.
- Leonel Ovalles, Head of the Collection Management Department, Bararida Zoological and Botanical Park, Venezuela.
- María V. Cedeño, Red Siskin Initiative Advisor, Provita, Venezuela.
- Miguel Arvelo, Red Siskin Initiative Advisor, Provita, Venezuela.
- Gloria Pino, Associate Professor, Universidad Rafael Urdaneta, Venezuela.
- Kathryn M. Rodríguez-Clark, Population Ecologist, Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute, USA
Development/Fundraising & Membership
Membership Subscription Revenue - The Value and Power of Recurring Revenue (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Leinad Borman, Client Partner, Semnox Solutions LLC
A Two Hour, Small Group Interactive Training Session Improves Interpretive Skills of Guest Facing Staff at Disney?s Animal Kingdom®
- Austin Leeds, Research Manager, Disney's Animal Kingdom
Filling in the Blanks: Does Knowing What Zoos Do Change How Zoos Do in the Court of Public Opinion?
- Jordyn Truax, Graduate Student, Oakland University
- Jennifer Vonk, PhD, Professor of Psychology at Oakland University
Increasing Welfare of Ambassador Raptors via Volunteer Education and Positive Reinforcement Training at the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Lindsay Palmer, Education Intern, Rocky Mountain Raptor Program
Relationship Between Working with Professional Evaluators and an Organization's Evaluation Culture
- Jim Wharton, Director of Conservation Engagement & Learning, Seattle Aquarium
Trends & More
Head, Shoulders, Foot and Mouth (Poster Buzz - 9/23)
- Myra Brooks, DVM/MPH Student, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Zoo and Aquarium All Hazards Partnership
- Corrin Markey, DVM/MPH Student, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Zoo and Aquarium All Hazards Partnership
- Corwin Martin, DVM/MPH Student, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Zoo and Aquarium All Hazards Partnership
Honoring Award-winning Staff and Volunteers (Poster Buzz - 9/21)
- Jessica Young, Manager of Exhibit Graphic Design, National Aquarium
Institutional Identity through the Discourse of Zoo Professionals: A Pilot Project
- Sharon Bowen, PhD student; Education Manager, Antioch University New England; The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore
Volunteer & Intern Engagement
Community Representation Evaluation and Diversification Plan For Butterfly Pavilion Citizen Science Volunteer Pool
- Olivia Sieverts, Professional Science Masters Student, Butterfly Pavilion