Learning Formats and Tracks
- Also known as plenary sessions, large-format gatherings bring attendees together for general interest topics.
- The Annual Conference has 3 General Sessions:
- Opening General Session - Monday, September 9, 8:00 am - 9:30 am
- General Session - Tuesday, September 10, 8:00 am - 9:430 am
- Honors & Awards Lunch - Tuesday, September 10, 11:45 am - 1:45 am
- Working meetings of AZA's Committees, Taxon Advisory Groups (TAG), Species Survival Plans (SSP), and Scientific Advisory Groups (SAG). These meetings do not typically involve formal presentations, but updates on each group's work throughout the year. Meetings are open, unless otherwise noted.
- Education programming arranged amongst primary areas of interest. The concurrent program varies in format, size and learning levels. See below for a list of how the concurrent sessions are organized.
- Concurrent Sessions take place Monday, September 9-Wednesday, September 11. Each session is 90 minutes.
- Fun, new format for learning! Curated program of individual presentations that are short in time, but big on information.
- The Evening Buzz will take place on Monday, September 9, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Snacks and a cash bar will be available.
- Posters are particularly well suited for presentations of complex and technical methods and/or results. Poster presentations allow the audience more time to digest complex information and promote discussion between presenters and their audience. Posters typically reach a wider audience than short talks because they are on display for several days of the Conference.
- Posters will be on display during Exhibit Hall Hours in the rear of the Exhibit Hall. Authors of each poster will be present for discussion during the Poster Reception, Tuesday, September 10, from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm. Beer, wine, and light appetizers will be served.
- Exhibit Hall Roundtables are informal, intimate discussions about a specific hot topic. Roundtables typically involve around 10 individuals and allow for idea sharing and networking.
|Concurrent Session Tracks|
|Animal Management, Health & Welfare|
|Development/Fundraising & Membership|
|Public Relations & Marketing|
|Volunteer & Docent Management|
|Trends & More|